Re: [Snowy] Two separate systems with Tomboy, and a single Snowy account?

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 11:03 PM, J. Bobby Lopez <jbl jbldata com> wrote:
> Is it currently possible (advisable) to have two different systems, each
> with Tomboy, syncing to the same snowy account, or am I asking for trouble
> if I try to do that at this time?

This is what Snowy is designed for, and it should work quite well.

Of course, since Snowy is pre-alpha software, I always make the
disclaimer that you should regularly backup your notes, and that you
are taking a risk by running Snowy on a public server, etc.

That being said, I'm not aware of any security vulnerabilities, or any
bugs in Snowy as a synchronization server.  Personally, I am using the
new autosync feature in Tomboy to sync to my Snowy instance every five
minutes, and am not having any issues with that.  But I do not run
Snowy on a public server yet.

Soon we'll be deploying Snowy on GNOME servers and we'll be able to
exude a bit more confidence. ;-)  Until then, your testing is very
valuable to us, and feedback is much appreciated.

Sandy