Re: [Snowy] [tomboy-list] snowy authorization problems (and how to fix them)

On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 7:08 PM, Sandy
Armstrong<sanfordarmstrong gmail com> wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 6, 2009 at 9:44 AM, Christian Betz<christian betz gmail com> wrote:
>> You need to Add a consumer via the Django Admin Panel. Go to
>> http://localhost:8000/admin and 'Add a Consumer'. Previous emails on
>> this list indicated that the credentials were a mix of
>> abcdefg/1234567.  It took some digging around in the actual code for
>> the addin to discover this has been changed. Currently you have to use
>> anyone/anyone/anyone for name/key/secret. (NOTE: I am using the latest
>> snowy and tomboy from git)
>
> If you are using Django 1.1, this consumer key/secret pair should be
> added automatically when you run manage.py syncdb.  When you run that
> command, I believe you'll see a message about a fixture from
> "api/fixtures/initial_data.json" being applied.  What version of
> Django are you using?

I've never seen the consumer being added automatically and always
thought you had to add it manually on the first run. This being with
an install of django 1.1 straight from the tarball.

Cheers,
Benoit