Re: [Snowy] Tomboy Online

On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 9:04 AM, Cornelius Hald <hald icandy de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there already a plan when the tomboy web service will go online?
> Maybe something like a public beta for invited people/testers? I guess
> it's ready when it's ready, but I'm asking because I'll be on the Maemo
> Summit next weekend (9th - 11th Oct) and I'll give a short (5 min) talk
> on Conboy and its new features like synchronization with Snowy.
>
> It would be cool if I could point people already to the real deal
> instead of some testing server. Or maybe tell them when and where they
> should check for the official launch.

Hi Cornelius,

Thanks for your continued interest and testing!  Unfortunately we
don't have a timeline for launching Tomboy Online yet, and in fact are
experiencing some deployment issues.

That being said, the web sync add-in shipped in Tomboy 1.0.0, and we
will have some OAuth 1.0a fixes in the upcoming Tomboy 1.0.1, at which
point users will be able to use Ubuntu One as a sync server, too.

Last time Brad and I talked about a launch plan, I think it looked
something like this:

* Complete unit tests to give some assurance of user data security in Snowy
* Work through deployment issues
* Launch private alpha of Tomboy Online
* Limited beta
* Open beta
* Why would a web app ever leave beta?

I'd really like to get to the private alpha this month, but can't
really make any promises yet.

That being said, I hope to work a bit on Snowy this weekend, so if I
am able to put up some kind of demo I will shoot you an email.

Maybe creating an interest form at tomboy-online.org would be a good idea, too.

Sandy