Re: [Snowy] Crash when doing PUT

On Fri, 2009-08-07 at 12:53 -0700, Sandy Armstrong wrote:
> Head over to tomboy-list and I can help you with that.

Well, it's actually more like a time problem. I have to keep my current
distro on my dev-machine, but it's an old distro so I have to get all
the dependencies manually and I was just hoping to avoid that. Well,
probably I'll setup a new VM with new distro for testing the latest
Tomboy - still it would be nicer using this time for coding...

> Are you doing the complete OAuth auth process?  You know, visiting the
> website to authorize access, etc etc.

Yes. As I wrote, GET requests to the same URL are working and I get back
a nice json resonse which contains all notes that I created earlier
using django.

> > PUT /api/1.0/root/notes/ HTTP/1.1
> > Authorization: OAuth realm="Snowy", oauth_consumer_key="root",
>
> Did you add this "root" consumer key in the Snowy database?

Yes.

> Well I don't think this would work.  The first sync you do,
> latest-sync-revision should be 0, not -1 (when PUTing to the Notes
> resource, you are specifying what you think the latest-sync-revision
> value should be when the PUT is complete).

Thanks for this info, I tried with latest-sync-revision set to 0 but the
response is still the same.

> I have no idea what this would be, to be honest.
>
> I think you should verify that things are working as expected by
> running latest Tomboy and Snowy from git, and performing a few
> successful syncs.

Thank you for your answers. Once I find out more, I'll give an update.

Conny