Re: [Shotwell] Installing on Windows with WSL

On Mon, 2019-09-30 at 14:43 +0000, jps1789--- via shotwell-list wrote:
Hello. I'm trying to install Shotwell on Windows, and found this page
that claims to have a Windows version [
https://yepdownload.com/shotwell], but don't trust its "0.5.1 alpha"
exe, considering the GNOME site says nothing about a Windows build &
the mailing list indicates that Windows hasn't been supported in a
decade: [
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/shotwell-list/2010-December/001315.html
]

I think 0.5.1alpha was the last version to actually officially support
Windows.

Also the fact that the installer tried to set Chromium & Yahho as my
default browser & search engine was a red flag.

So I'm attempting using Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) along with
this guide [
https://dev.to/david_j_eddy/run-linux-gui-applications-on-windows-10-3130
] and was able to open vim like the guide said. But when looking how
to install Shotwell at [
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/shotwell/blob/master/INSTALL], after
running `ninja -C build`, I get an error: `ninja: fatal: chdir to
'build' - No such file or directory`. Adding sudo doesn't affect it.

You forgot "meson build"