Re: [Shotwell] remote photo file storage - possible?

On Thu, 2019-05-09 at 13:35 -0400, Adam Tauno Williams wrote:
On Thu, 2019-05-09 at 10:21 -0700, rikona wrote:
I'm considering moving all my photos to a network attached storage
device (NAS) so that family members can view all the pix taken by
everyone. This is on the local net only, not accessible outside the
local net. Is it possible to use shotwell on each local computer
such
that ALL the pictures, tags, events, etc are seen by everyone, no
matter who sets it up? If so, what do I need to do to make this
work
asdescribed? If not, is there a better way to approach this goal?

I do not see why not;  with the use of --datadir=DIRECTORY

You'd just need to make sure Shotwell always got started with that
option, and not more than one person was editing the repository at a
time.

And make sure that the remote storage is never! unavailable when
starting Shotwell. Otherwise it will mark the files as unavailable and
it might need a re-import afterwards