[Shotwell] Integrate shotwell with gimp and darktable

Hi,
I am not sure if that is the most efficent way to manage my photograhy
workflow, but what I do now is:

1) import photos from camera to shotwell in (~/Picture/Year/Month/Day/
i.e., shotwell's default file structure); rate and discard photos etc.

2) From shotwell, using "Open with RAW editer", open the photo in
darktable(dt hereafter), edit and export the final image to
~/Picture/Darktable_Exported/Year/Month/Day/ (Note, I have changed dt's
default export location.) in tiff format to further edit with GIMP.

3) Now the problem! Shotwell can not recognize that I have already
edited the picture. So, I have to go to
~/Picture/Darktable_Exported/Year/Month/Day/ manually and open the
photo in GIMP. I am looking for a way for Shotwell to look at
~/Picture/Darktable_Exported/Year/Month/Day/ and open that tiff file
when I  "Open with external editor". Currently, to my knowledge, there
is no way of doing that and Shotwell will just open the JPG that is
imported from the camera.

Any way of doing this?

Regards,
Rudra