[Shotwell] importing from mtp

when I drag 1000 pics from my camera to the shotwell window I get a pop up message: you cannot copy from this drive. For each file... (workaround: sudo killall shotwell)

when I click on the mtp drive insode shotwell, i get the message: The camera is locked by another application. Shotwell can only access the camera when it’s unlocked. Please close any other application using the camera and try again.

there is no other application running.

the only way to get the pics is to copy it to another folder first and import it from there.