Re: [Shotwell] Extracting image tags from shotwell

The tag-photo relation is a many-to-many relation, but the photos and videos
tagged are listed directly in a text field in the TagTable.  This field can
grow to enormous dimensions.

indeed ... now I understand ... I checked the rest of the DB and it
seems none of the other tables are as bad, only the tag db.

That explains why tag operations are so slow, indeed.

Norbert

--
PREINING Norbert + TeX Live & Debian Developer + http://www.preining.info
GPG: 0x860CDC13    fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13