Re: [Shotwell] Taking over

The main topics for 0.24 should be stability and general user
experience, including translations and performance. I tried to
compile
a list of bugs I would consider for 0.24.

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/buglist.cgi?bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_sta
tu
s=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED&bug_status=NEEDINFO&cla
ss
ification=Other&list_id=118449&product=shotwell&query_format=advanced
&t
arget_milestone=0.24

A new feature I would like to look into would be enhanced geo support
(such as the mentioned OSM things) but that would be of somewhat
lower
priority.

Two more things:
 - Look at the styling and icons and theming and make it reuses more
things from GTK so we can have a smoother transition to Hi-DPI
 - Use another build system. I'm currently leaning strongly to
autotools since we get a lot of the stuff for free (schemas, i18n,
help) that we otherwise would need to add ourselves currently (part of
some of the tickets linked in the query above.