Re: [Shotwell] Taking over

Hi,

Hi Jens,

Really excited to have someone pick up the torch.

As far as low-ish hanging features there's a neat branch with some map
features: https://github.com/abrauchli/shotwell/commits/libchamplain
which last I tried (2013?) worked pretty well.

Still have to look at it but sounds interesting.

My big wishlist one is faster importing, there's a lot of work that
later gets re-done during import or the results of which end up being
discarded, so it can take quite a while even on a modern machine to
import a good number of photos, and frustratingly the cpu utilization
during this period isn't even all that high.

Noted.

What's the reference as far as an issue tracker right now?

GNOME Bugzilla:

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/page.cgi?id=browse.html&product=shotwell

-Joe

On Fri, Apr 15, 2016 at 6:22 PM, Ulf Rehmann
<rehmann math uni-bielefeld de> wrote:

Hi Jens Georg,

Welcome! That's nice to hear:

| I picked up Shotwell as a new maintainer today. There will be no
| immediate bang of new features, I'm trying to get a grip on the
current
| state.

| This is what I'm planning to do:
|  - Release a 0.22.1 today/tomorrow to get the translation
improvements
| out
|  - Use the week-end for a bug scrub and prioritisation to
|   - Figure out low-hanging fixes and improvements
|   - Get a grip on the currently most pressing issues
|   - Come up with some kind of roadmap

It would be great if this one could soon be fixed:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/shotwell/+bug/1511914

All the best,
Ulf