[Shotwell] exports (seem to be) not acceptable as import

LS,

It seems there is no export-setting that creates files that can be imported "as if they were original photos".

I create photo series (head-shots) to support sculptors. I 'process' (crop/rotate etc.) these series and export on usb. It would be nice if they could import on Ipad. Presenting the files in a DCIM directory triggers the import function, but 'no photos are available'.

Shotwell too does not accept these photos 'normally'; it presents a blank photoframe (but can import). so there is a difference.

How can I export 'importable' photos?

TIA