Re: [Shotwell] Any progress on writing metadata back to Nikon NEF files?

... and I would support 100% the option of implementing the missing feature instead of correcting the log message :)

This is also the case with other RAW files (and RAW+JPEG imports).  I personally saw the same on DNG and ORF images.  I think Shotwell somehow stays away from writing metadata even to JPEG files when they are paired with RAW files.  I'm not sure about the NEF format, maybe it's not even possible to write metadata "into" these files?  For DNG it should work though I think.

There is at least one ticket in the Shotwell bugzilla (or whatever) but last time I saw it -- was still not resolved.

Luc