$ find ~/Pictures -lname "*"

This will print all symbolic links in your Pictures directory.

-- Jim

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 12:29 PM, Titus von der Malsburg <malsburg posteo de> wrote:
On 2014-09-19 Fri 12:25, Jim Nelson wrote:
How many "Skipping hidden files" messages are you seeing? More to the point, do they keep appearing or do they eventually stop?
As many as there were hidden files, about 100. I deleted the hidden files (which were residues of my earlier usage of OSX). Now, I only get the fist to messages and nothing else afterwards. Still 100% CPU usage. L 16444 2014-09-19 12:03:19 [MSG] main.vala:385: Shotwell Photo Manager 0.18.0 L 16444 2014-09-19 12:03:19 [MSG] main.vala:43: Verifying database ...
Do you have metadata writing turned on?
Just checked: no.
Where are your photos located?
All photos are in ~/Pictures and it's sub-directories.
Are they on your local disk, or are > they on a USB drive, network storage, etc.?
They should all be on the local disk. Can I get a list of all entries >From the database? Then I could check whether there are any strange entries. I also switched off all plugins to see if one of them causes the problem but that didn't help. Titus