Re: [Shotwell] saving my library

I would start here: https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Shotwell/FAQ

There are two sections worth reading: "How can I copy my Shotwell library to a new computer?" and "How can I back up my Shotwell library?"

You don't need to enable writing metadata to move your Shotwell library, but you do need to (a) store your photos in the same directories on the target computer as the source computer, and (b) move the Shotwell database along with the photo files.

Tags are written to standard metadata locations.  Other applications should be able to read and understand them.

-- Jim