[Shotwell] shotwell and videos, a big pain

Hi everyone,

I am a bit desperate - running Debian/sid, plus self compiled
shotwell, I simply cannot get video imports to work out:
* MTS files
        thumbnails broken, no time stamps
* MTS -> mp4 converted, exif information transfered
        no thumbnails, no ttime stamps, resolution (NxM) wrong

Is there some way to *debug* this video-import-beast? I know there
is a separate thumbnailer that I can check, but the import simply
does not get *any* data correct.

<rant>
Is this a gstreamer issue? And if yes, is there any way to *dump*
the useless gstreamer and use ffmpeg code directly?
</rant>

I know that this is probably too much, but in my experience gstreamer
has only created troubles .. :-(

All the best

Norbert

GPG: 0x860CDC13   fp: F7D8 A928 26E3 16A1 9FA0  ACF0 6CAC A448 860C DC13