Re: [Shotwell] INTERESTED IN SOLVING BUGS FOR SHOTWELL

Hello Aarsee,

Good to hear you're interested in working on Shotwell.  Since Shotwell is written in Vala, I would say you should first make sure you have some comfort with the language.  Fortunately its syntax is modeled on Java / C# and fairly intuitive:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Vala

You should also look over Yorba's Vala coding guidelines, which not only covers syntax but also ways we use (or don't use) Vala's language features:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Geary/CodingConventions

And our contributor's guidelines:

https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Geary/Contribute

Finally, I would suggest finding a small bug or issue in Shotwell and trying to fix that.  We've had interested contributors in the past attempt to tackle large feature additions and lose steam.  I would say find a nit or tiny problem and start there.  A listing of Shotwell bugs organized by category can be found at:

https://bugzilla.gnome.org/browse.cgi?product=shotwell

-- Jim