[Shotwell] Shotwell importing thumbnails from Nexus 7

When I connect my Nexus 7 to my PC (running Ubuntu 14.04) and open
shotwell it shows Nexus 7 under cameras, but when I open that it not
only shows the photos (which are in folder DCIM/Camera) but also the
thumbnails (which are in folder DCIM/.thumbnails) so I have to
manually select only the photos before importing.  Is this a
deficiency in Shotwell or am I missing something?

Colin