Re: [Shotwell] Shotwell Tags not show up in RAW Image metadata

Rakitha,
I think the current status is that shotwell never writes tags to raw files (in fact never edits them in any way).  This is because raw files are frequently viewed as archival formats and many people don't want a program to make any changes to their "originals".
-Joe

On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 1:08 PM, Rakitha Sanjeewa Beminiwattha <rakithab jlab org> wrote:
If is use following command to access image file,

>exiftool /home/rakithab/Pictures/2013/11/02/DSC_7074.JPG | grep Keywords

I get,
Keywords                        : halloween, test

So I can access the Shotwell tag I have put into the image. I have enabled to write tags information into image meta file.

Now if I use the same command on a raw file with shotwell tags added, I cannot access the tags similar way to JPG file.

> exiftool /home/rakithab/Pictures/2013/11/24/DSC_7108_NEF_shotwell.jpg | grep Keywords

I get nothing but I can see the tags for this image if I check it using Shotwell.
Any help would be appreciated on how to access shotwell tags on RAW files. I also tried with the command,

identify -verbose <file_name>

 and it works for JPG but not for RAW

Thanks!

Rakitha Beminiwattha