Re: To allow editing details?

On 14.11.2014 23:05, Weiwu Zhang wrote:
Sorry if I asked repeated questions.

With Firefox built-in password manager, there are plugins to edit the
details of the stored web password, most frequently username_element
and original_url, for experienced web users to combat strange cases
when the web passwords were not stored correctly.

I moved to seahorse to store my web password in attempt to improve
security and lost the ability to edit details. They are in a read-only
text-field in seahorse. I'd say one out of ten websites fail to have
seahorse store passwords correctly without autocomplete value set to
off (using Chromium).

Traditional Linux/Unix empowers user in such a way that if you wish to
use GUI, there are GUI. If you do something out of "ordinary", you can
edit a text file or interface the database with a commandline tool. So
in the old way there may be command options to do it? I guess this
can't be kept in the case of gnome-keyring?

It could be. If someone did that work, I wouldn't be against including
such a feature in Seahorse.

All the best,

Stef