Re: encryption has nothing to do with password?

On 14.11.2014 23:10, Weiwu Zhang wrote:
For years I thought login keyring is encrypted with login password.

Yesterday a friend took my old harddisk and mounted /home on his PC,
and configured a new user with same username with a simple password
"123456", and login. He can see all my files (expected) and have
access to my seahorse stored passwords (surprise).

That's very strange and unexpected.

The only thing I can think of is that you created your login keyring or
login account without a password. When you do this, the keyring is not
encrypted. You can check this by trying to open up the keyring file in a
text editor. If it's not encrypted you should be able to see the contents.

Cheers,

Stef