Re: mallard-help docs branch

Hi Stef,

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Stef Walter <stefw gnome org> wrote:
On 26.02.2013 01:26, Jim Campbell wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> To help the seahorse-docs project along, we've moved the docs from a
> repository on gitorious.org <http://gitorious.org> to a branch of the
> seahorse git.gnome.org <http://git.gnome.org> repository. The branch
> name is mallard-help.
>
> To view the files in yelp, you can do 'git checkout mallard-help' from
> the main seahorse repository, and then enter 'yelp help/C/'
>
> Feel free to either commit patches directly to that branch, or (if you
> just want to enter comments / suggestions) you can just enclose your
> comments via an <!-- XML comment -->.
>
> The branch is still pretty sparse, but let me know if you have any
> comments or questions for now. Thanks,

By the way, the page explaining 'Public vs Private keys' is awesome, and
really describes the concept well. Kudos.

I pushed some comments to the branch to mallard-help. I  hope that was
the right thing to do. Let me know if you want to adjust the workflow.
The things I looked at so far are mainly the 'learning' style topics.

As we go through the UI related topics, we should probalby examine
whether the UI makes sense. For example I know that the UI for creating
something a new password/key/keyring is pretty broken. We should
probably be providing those in the right context rather than lumping
them all together.

Cheers,

Stef

Thanks very much. I've had a quick look, and the comments look very helpful. The workflow seems fine for now.

With regards to the UI, I'll need to document things as they are for this release, but will certainly look for places where the UI seems less than ideal and will file bugs as appropriate.

Jim