Re: Gedit plugin

Il giorno sab, 27/04/2013 alle 09.35 +0200, Pietro Battiston ha scritto:
[...]
Instead I have another question: of all the keys I get with the
"ListKeys" function of org.gnome.seahorse.Keys, some have a "raw-id"
looking like "04E29C73", some like "B0894B0104E29C73:2". All of my tests
seem to show that those of the first kind are able to encrypt, those of
the second are not
(org.freedesktop.DBus.GLib.UnmappedError.Org.gnome.seahorse.Error.Failed.Code1: Key is not a valid
recipient for encryption). But can I reliably establish that I can drop all keys with the "raw-id" longer
than 8 digits when asking the user for a key to encrypt? Or is there a better method to do this filtering?

I think https://lug.asprion.org/wiki/1/Seahorse_DBUS_Interface answered
my questions, together with the observation that only keys with the
"short kind" of raw-id have a fingerprint: the other must hence be
subkeys.

So filtering on the presence of the "fingerprint" field should work.

Pietro