Re: Mallard documentation for Seahorse 3.4

On Monday, October 24, 2011 10:35 AM, "Stef Walter"
<stefw collabora co uk> wrote:
> On 2011-10-24 04:50, Jim Campbell wrote:
> > My name is Jim Campbell, and I'm interested in revising the Seahorse
> > documentation for the 3.4 release cycle. I've worked as the main
> > contributor for the gedit 3.0 and 3.2 docs, and have also contributed
> > extensively to the gnome-user-docs for the 3.0 release.  I don't have a
> > great deal of knowledge about keys and encryption, though, so I think
> > this would be a good learning experience for me.
> >
> > I've done some initial work at creating page stubs for topics that I
> > think would be relevant for Seahorse [0], but I don't have much
> > organized yet. Do you think that you'd like revised help for the 3.4
> > cycle?
>
> Ooooh nice! That would be great.
>
> Mallard is the perfect fit for an tool like seahorse with so many
> aspects. I can certainly help you with technical details.

Thanks for offering to help with the technical details. I'll be making
my commits into the gitorious repository for now, and may ask for an
occasional review of something.

> BTW, seahorse is being redesigned this cycle [1]. I just merged a whole
> large amount of changes. We'll want to make sure that the documentation
> refers to the new look and behavior.

Ok, I can certainly get started on the non-UI parts of the documentation
(I think this type of application calls for answering a lot of questions
and explaining a lot of concepts rather than mostly being task-focused),
and can work on the UI-related docs once the UI is a bit more settled.

Jim