Re: How to get default key/passphrase to work in xubuntu?

On 2011-12-13 14:57, Chris Green wrote:
> What I need to know is what has to be installed (and what shouldn't be
> installed) for this to work.  Then what do I need to set up to get my
> login password to be used as the ssh default passphrase?

I have no idea how much of this XFCE or XUbuntu sets up by default.
Here's how this is done in GNOME:

 1. Setup pam_gnome_keyring in your display manager pam configs.
    From your ps output it seems like this is being done
 2. Start gnome-keyring-daemon correctly in the startup. Either
    through a custom script or via the standard xdg autostart
    mechanism.
 3. Make sure you're using gnome-keyring's SSH agent. Enabled
    by default, but can be toggled using gnome-session-properties.
 4. You will be prompted for your SSH key passwords, type them the
    first time and choose the option to automatically unlock the
    keys whenever you're logged in.

This all works by default in GNOME, but if you need help replicating
this with you custom setup I can help via IRC. I'm often on #keyring on
gimp.net.

Cheers,

Stef