Seahorse and smart cards (OpenSC) / FOSDEM

Hello,

There have been past mentions of OpenSC on this list [1] and Seahorse/GnomeKeyring in OpenSC list [2].

I'm not a full time Linux user but when I do, I run GNOME. So it was really interesting to find out about Seahorse and GnomeKeyring in general.
I've been playing with the ~/.ssh PKCS#11 module and trying to understand the architecture [3], which was also mentioned on opensc-devel [4] (sorry about those long unreadable lines, I'll try to tweak my mail client to not do so in the future).

Unfortunately, there was no information I could find about what happened on the GAUDEC BOF [5]. Some presentations? Some discussions and goals? How many people besides the ones listed on the wiki?

I still don't fully understand what Seahorse/GnomeKeyring wants to become (when compared to QCA [6] or OSX Keychain) or how exactly it matches what OpenSC is trying to go, but I'm sure tighter vision-sharing helps to get there faster.

There have been a long time idea to organize a meetup of OpenSC developers and the best idea would be to do it at some nice conference. FOSDEM [7] seems to be the perfect candidate.
To make the event fruitful, the idea of having a devroom with "Security / hardware crypto keys" . I will not repeat what I wrote on opensc-devel [7], but I'm looking for potential visitors to the event and try to gather a common set of interests
and requirements/tangible tasks for a devroom and also ideas for workshops and code sprints and whatnot.

Thoughts, comments, ideas?

[1] http://mail.gnome.org/archives/seahorse-list/2010-July/msg00000.html
[2] http://www.opensc-project.org/pipermail/opensc-devel/2010-July/014507.html
[3] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeKeyring/Architecture