Re: gnome-keyring password change
- From: Stef <stef memberwebs com>
- To: Adam Schreiber <sadam gnome org>
- Cc: seahorse-list gnome org, gnome-keyring-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: gnome-keyring password change
- Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 21:40:44 +0000 (UTC)
On 07/22/2010 10:38 PM, Adam Schreiber wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 4:29 PM, Natxo Asenjo <natxo asenjo gmail com> wrote:
>> maybe a stupid question, but is it possible to synchronize the login
>> system password with the seahorse keyring password?
> Unfortunately not. When you change your password with passwd, there's
> no trigger for PAM to tell gnome-keyring to decrypt and then
> re-encrypt your keyring. PAM also doesn't pass through the new
> password or the old one.
I think this is only the case when the root user changes the password
via 'passwd user'.
In any case of the program that is used to change the password loads PAM
and initializes it properly then gnome-keyring will pick up on the
change and automatically change the login keyring's master password.
] [Thread Prev