Re: old GtkEntry copies

On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 2:57 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
> Hey,
>
> GTK+ has gained a model-view abstraction in GtkEntry, which should
> allow us to get rid to the copy-pasted clones of old GtkEntry versions
> that are floating around in some places, e.g. gnome-keyring and
> seahorse.
>
> It would be cool to have that as a goal for 2.30, what do you think ?

I know it's kind of late in the dev cycle, but I started looking at
this today.  If I understand things, the correct way to implement this
is to sub-class GtkEntryBuffer so that secure memory is allocated and
then make any relevant GtkEntry instances use that buffer?

Cheers,

Adam