Re: New developers

Hi all.

Thanks Adam for your email.
As you suggested here I go first and this is my introduction.. :)

I'm a 20 years old spanish geek, currently studying Computers Engineering in
my city (Málaga, in the south).

I have loved computers for my whole life and I also like programming.
I started to learn C when I was 13 and I have coded some tools I have needed
during these years but I have never worked in a medium or big project.
More or less at the same age, I installed linux for the first time and during
these years I have tested several distributions, choosing Debian as my favorite
one.
Soon I also realized that free software was a good opportunity to improve my
own coding skills (besides of meeting people with similar interests) and I
started to read every kind of documentation and code.

I have also knowledge on Python, but not very advanced though.

At this moment I find very interesting contributing to GNOME. Eventually I
decided to start contributing and I had to chose an application I used to use.
So I chose seahorse and currently I'm subscribed to other lists.
I didn't have any experience with Glib, GTK+ and the rest of gnome libraries.
The same with the way of coding, using C as OOP. But I'm learning a lot.

And about my email address, I did it because I needed a "free software" address.
At that time I was contributing to ubuntu, and so I created it not realizing
that some day I would stop contributing to ubuntu but contributing still to
free software, but who cares. Don't blame on me about it :P

That's all at the moment and I hope you didn't fall asleep reading me, haha.

Cheers, Pablo.

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 03:01:03PM -0400, Adam Schreiber wrote:
> All,
>
> I wanted to comment on two new developers that have been rocking on
> seahorse and seahorse-plugins, Thorsten Sick and Pablo Castellano.
> They've been  hacking on gtk-doc comments and some GNOME goals.  It
> would be great if you two would write short introductions to the list.
>
> Keep up the good work.
>
> Adam

Hi all.

Thanks Adam for your email.
As you suggested here I go first and this is my introduction.. :)

I'm a 20 years old spanish geek, currently studying Computers Engineering in
my city (Málaga, in the south).

I have loved computers for my whole life and I also like programming.
I started to learn C when I was 13 and I have coded some tools I have needed
during these years but I have never worked in a medium or big project.
More or less at the same age, I installed linux for the first time and during
these years I have tested several distributions, choosing Debian as my favorite
one.
Soon I also realized that free software was a good opportunity to improve my
own coding skills (besides of meeting people with similar interests) and I
started to read every kind of documentation and code.

I have also knowledge on Python, but not very advanced though.

At this moment I find very interesting contributing to GNOME. Eventually I
decided to start contributing and I had to chose an application I used to use.
So I chose seahorse and currently I'm subscribed to other lists.
I didn't have any experience with Glib, GTK+ and the rest of gnome libraries.
The same with the way of coding, using C as OOP. But I'm learning a lot.

And about my email address, I did it because I needed a "free software" address.
At that time I was contributing to ubuntu, and so I created it not realizing
that some day I would stop contributing to ubuntu but contributing still to
free software, but who cares. Don't blame on me about it :P

That's all at the moment and I hope you didn't fall asleep reading me, haha.

Cheers, Pablo.

On Sat, Aug 29, 2009 at 03:01:03PM -0400, Adam Schreiber wrote:
> All,
>
> I wanted to comment on two new developers that have been rocking on
> seahorse and seahorse-plugins, Thorsten Sick and Pablo Castellano.
> They've been  hacking on gtk-doc comments and some GNOME goals.  It
> would be great if you two would write short introductions to the list.
>
> Keep up the good work.
>
> Adam

Hi all.

Thanks Adam for your email.
As you suggested here is my introduction.. :)