Re: Big problems with keyring and Seahorse

On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Karl F. Larsen <klarsen1 gmail com> wrote:
>   I can no longer get my Intrepid to boot up in WiFi and my Jaunty requires
> me to use my main password to bring up WiFi. I believe Seahorse is the cause
> of millions of users problems with NetworkManager. I am suffering right now
> with it.
>
>   I joined this list to talk to the people doing Seahorse. I want to learn
> how to disable Seahorse right now. Then if it can help I will turn it back
> on and see what happens.
>
>   Please tell me how to turn off Seahorse on Intrepid and Jaunty Ubuntu
> Linux

I can't tell you how to turn off seahorse because it's a key and
password manager and not a persistant daemon.  While neither
seahorse-agent, a caching daemon similar to gpg-agent, or
seahorse-daemon, a DBus provider of key information, would cause the
problems you described.  The simplest way to rule it out is to sudo
apt-get remove seahorse seahorse-plugins because Ubuntu has tied their
initiation into it's GNOME session.

gnome-keyring should unlock your keyring when you login if the
keyring's master password is set to be the same as your login password
and you have the libpam-gnome-keyring package installed.

Cheers,

Adam