Using smartcards with seahorse

Dear Friends,

First of all, many thanks for working on password management in Gnome.
Until recently I had to encode my passwords using PGP and seashorse is a
great replacement. But I still would like to avoid password sniffing.

I recently bought smartcard readers on eBay. A decent smartcard reader
may cost between 10€ and 20€. There is no reason why to avoid using one.

For example the Omnikey cardman 3121 is available for 7€:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160389398189

The same version for laptops costs 20€:
http://cgi.ebay.fr/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180448143314

A more secure version would be a reader with pinpad to avoid PIN
sniffing. I bought one on eBay for 30€.

Finding decent blank smartcards is more difficult, but I bought several
ones and will report the community soon to give some feedback.

Is there a way, with present seahorse code, to store a wallet key in a
smarcard? I guess we have to wait for X.509.

If you need some more information about smartcards, I wrote this howto:
http://wiki.strongswan.org/wiki/strongswan/SmartCards

I think it is possible to store AES or X.509 certificates in a smartcard
and use it as seahorse wallet key. Is this on your radar? If it is the
case, I can help testing your code.

Shall I open a feature request on bugzilla?

Kind regards,
Jean-Michel