Re: some usability feedback

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 4:21 PM, Adam Schreiber <sadam clemson edu> wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 4:13 PM, Matthias Clasen
> <matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
>> As watched on irc:
>>
>> <davidz> another comment on seahorse - there's an "Export Complete
>> Key" - it ought to somehow say that the private key is included
>> too.... ok, it's kinda bit of the "complete"... but I just failed for
>> it... maybe it should show a big dialog with blinking text..
>> timeouts.. and so forth...  fortunately I examined the .asc file
>> before uploading it
>> * walters has quit (Ping timeout: 600 seconds)
>> <mclasen> davidz: good point
>> <rtcm> davidz: got caught on that one too
>> <rtcm> it doesn't pass the people-diong-security-sensitive-stuff-in-a-hurry ;-)
>> <rtcm> *test
>
> I understand their concern, but why did they get to button buried on
> the third tab of the properties dialog before the export public key
> item in the context menu on the main key listing or the export public
> key item in the key menu?

That, I do not know.

But here's another small thing I just noticed:
The sensitivity of the Properties button is not properly maintained
when switching tabs. When going to the passwords tab, it stays
sensitive even though no row in the list is selected. Selecting and
then unselecting a row turns it insensitive. Then, switching back to
the "Personal Keys" tab, it stays insensitive, even though the first
row does get selected...

Matthias