Unable to suspend/hibernate computer when gnome-screensaver has locked the screen.

Hi

The guys over at the gnome-power-manager list pointed me in your direction with my question:

Since Ubuntu Lucid, it has been impossible for me to put my machine in hibernate while the screen is locked.

Usecase I'm struggling with:

1. My laptop has a locked screen
2. I need to hibernate my machine without unlocking the screen, so I press the hibernate button
3. Nothing happens

Wanted result:

3. The machine would hibernate.

Is this intentional behaviour, and is there perhaps a configuration setting to enable my usecase? Should I file a bug on this?

Apologies if this is not in the gnome-screensaver domain, or if Ubuntu has patched itself out of the range of this list. If I am in the wrong place I would appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction of a better place to ask my question.

Thanks

Håvard.