Re: gnome-screensaver, new api calls requested :-)

On Wed, 2005-11-16 at 15:47 +0100, Rodrigo Moya wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-11-15 at 21:21 +0000, Richard Hughes wrote:
> > >
> > > Is there a chance that g-p-m won't be ready for inclusion in the Desktop
> > > release?
> >
> > Ohh, I'm ready if they are :-) The newest stuff in CVS has had some
> > heavy testing and is miles better that the last release.
> >
> could you shortly describe that newest stuff, please?

Basically, multi-battery laptops are now fixed (through a redesign of
the core routines...) and the tooltip and the icon now do what you would
'expect' them to do. Ohh, and now we are doing lots of things in a
standard gnome/glib way (instead of re-inventing the wheel), e.g. icons.
Mainly it's lots of little bug-fixes.

Richard

Here is NEWS:

==========
GNOME Power Manager 0.3.0
==========

Released November 15, 2005

- Schema is now properly applied in the RPM spec file.
- Fix the tooltip so that we don't display "Unknown Remaining"
- Wireless mice and keyboards now generate messages when battery low.
- Now align the menu to the bottom (or top) of the notification area
like
  all the applets do.
- Website is now hosted on gnome.org servers:
  http://www.gnome.org/projects/gnome-power-manager/
- New WIKI with all the things in progress and TODO:
  http://live.gnome.org/GnomePowerManager
- Update the website to be more GNOMEy, copied from the nautilus
template.
- Lots of Makefile.am and configure tidy ups with thanks to JP Rosevear.
- Removed gpm-dbus-test and made the DBUS interface *much* simpler
- Multiple batteries and wireless device support massivly improved due
  to a new underlying calculation engine. Lots of cruft has been ripped
out.
- Laptops that don't turn off the backlight when the lid is shut are now
  automatically turned off using DPMS.
- Notification icon now only appears when batteries low, or optionally
  when discharging and charging. The options have been turned to radio
buttons
  to make options clearer. Also icons are now at 24x24 to conform to the
  GNOME HIG.
- libnotify messages now replace one another, so the screen isn't
littered
  with "battery is critically low" messages.
- Replace our own "dumb" icon management with the GNOME stock icon
functions,
  with thanks to Jaap Haitsma.
- Lots of translation updates.