Re: Moving maximized windows between screens.

Hi,

On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 12:22:04 +0000
wrote Campbell Barton <ideasman42 gmail com>:

>Hi, I've been using sawfish for the past week and done and its been
>very nice, however there is once annoyance with most WM's I've tried
>before which is that its not easy to move a maximized window from one
>screen to another with a 2 screen (Xinerama) setup.
>
>Openbox handles this fairly well since you can drag the maximized
>window onto the next screen.
>At the moment with sawfish you need to un-maximize, drag, re-maximize
>which is pretty clunky, though most others do this too.
>
>Is there some way to assign a command to this?
>something like "Move window to next screen (Xinerama)", or even a way
>to chain the commands may do.

With this script you can move windows between heads.

To activate the script copy the script to
"~/.sawfish/lisp/Send-to-head.jl".

Add to your "~/.sawfish/rc" or "~/.sawfish/sawfishrc":
(require 'Send-to-head)

Restart sawfish.

Now you have 2 new keybindings "Send to next head" and "Send to
previous head". You can bind the keybindings to keyboard or frame
button.

The script require sawfish >= 1.8.0

--
Regards,
Fuchur

GPG Fingerprint: CA3B 8204 5B3E 6D48 6D53  C116 E5BC 70D5 B8D7 B2B0