Re: cant configure rep-gtk-0.90.4

Christopher Roy Bratusek <admin <at> nanolx.org> writes:

> On Friday 14 January 2011 17:33:32 Irfan wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I am fairly new to linux. Currently I have Fedora 14 installed. I want to
> > use sawfish as my wm, and started compiling the packaged. Manged to get
> > librep-0.91.0 installed, but now the configure script fails with the
> > following error:
> >
> > checking for LIBREP ... no
> > configure: error: can not locate librep
> >
> > I am lost here, can someone please point me in the right direction ?
> >
> > Thanks a lot
> > Irfan
>
> Hi
>
> is pkg-config installed? What happens, when you exec:
>
>   pkg-config --variable=repcommonexecdir librep
>
> Chris

Thanks Chris,

My apologies for the late reply.  My system crashed, due to some fiddling i did
as root ( :-P ). I have re installed the OS, but now have not gone back to try
out sawfish again.  But no, I dont know if pkg-config was installed or not.
I will start over and try it out again.

Sincerely,
Irfan