Re: ** to GIT source users ** Some incompatibility in "StyleTab"

On Monday 21 February 2011 20:50:38 fuchur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 20:43:55 +0100
>
> wrote Christopher Roy Bratusek <nano tuxfamily org>:
> >> I'll test it right now. One more thing: when you cycle through windows
> >> via Alt+Tab or select it from the window-group, do the other tabs raise
> >> accordingly? They don't on my system.
> >>
> >> (Not that a big deal, just wanted to know, whether my settings influence
> >> it).
> >>
> >> Chris
> >
> >It's not working here. What happens is:
> >
> >moving a window causes one of the tabs to iconify, the other one "untabs".
> >Then I bring back the iconified one, it's no more part of the tabgroup,
> >but there's now a hole, there the second window previously was.
> >
> >Also it's unbearable slow when opaque is used as animator (not to mention
> >the ultra-ugly drawings (opaque is drawn negative, when your patch is
> >applied)).
> >
> >The original code behaves better.
> >
> >Chris
>
> Can you test it with animator disable/off?

OK. I fixed it like:

349   (define (before-move-resize win)
350     "Releas win from the tabgroup and iconify the rest from the group."
351     (let* ((index (tab-window-group-index win))
352            (wins (tab-group-window-list (nth index tab-groups)))
353            (tabs (remove win (tab-group-window-list (nth index tab-groups))))
354            (default-window-animator 'none))

So for this action the default-animator is always disabled, and the issues are gone.

Either way opaque should be fixed, to not eat that much CPU-time (not a issue of your code, but the animator itself).