Re: cutting and pasting with keyboard

On Monday 07 February 2011 07:19:55 D M German wrote:
> I wonder, if there is a "x-get-selection", why is there no
> "x-set-selection"?

Probably because owning a selection is a lot more complicated than
requesting a selection owned by another client, and no one has seen a
need for the former. A while ago I implemented support for the manager
selection in a very ad hoc manner. It did not seem worth the trouble to
design a general lisp interface for selection ownership, so I didn't.

> and why is there no sawfish function "paste-primary-selection"?

Probably because Sawfish itself has few user interface elements to paste
the selection into and there is no universal way to ask a client to
paste a selection.

--
	Timo Korvola		<URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>