Re: sawfish has lost a window.

Jeremy Hankins said:     (by the date of Mon, 25 Oct 2010 08:06:15 -0500)

> Ok, how about:
>
> (get-window-by-id 0x3000024)

user> (get-window-by-id 0x3000024)
()

nil also.

> If that gives you something you could poke around with that:
>
> (setq foo (get-window-by-id 0x3000024))
> (window-name foo)
> (window-position foo)
> (window-dimensions foo)
> (window-mapped-p foo)
> (window-workspaces foo)
> (get-window-properties foo)
>
> And anything else you can think of.  But I'm just grasping at straws
> here.  I suspect you're right, that sawfish has simply forgotten about
> the window for some reason.  For all I know (if sawfish really is just
> confused about this window) you'll only get a segfault from this.  So
> take appropriate precautions... ;)

Thanks a lot. I'll try that in few days, as soon as I can afford
restarting sawfish, risking loss of coordinates of few hundred
windows :) And risk losing about 1h putting them into their right
positions.

Then I'll report back.

--
Janek Kozicki                               http://janek.kozicki.pl/  |