Re: set-tab-adjustments (was: Themes for 3.0)

Am Sat, 23 Oct 2010 00:07:36 +0200
schrieb Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de>:

> so here is the promised patch. It's working when calling via RC or sawfish-client,
> haven't yet tested calling from a theme.
>
> example invocation:
>
> (set-tab-adjustments #:left-dec 11 #:right-dec 11 #:left-margin 160 #:right-margin 160
> #:left-margin-transient 160 #:right-margin-transient 160)
>
> Regards,
> Chris

OK. It works from themes not coded as let* (like get-S-tabbed or Elberg-tabbed). So
Dark-Tab is fine already. I just commited it as sawfish.wm.tabs.util.
(of course not yet in use)

(require 'sawfish.wm.tabs.util)
(set-tab-adjustments #:whatevertochange whatevervalue)

You would simply add set-tab-adjustments to after-set to your defcustoms. (...) But be
aware that .sawfishrc can't handle :after-set of defcustom, so you need a helper function
which sets the initial value. Just one drawback: ~/.sawfish/custom got a higher priority
than set-tab-adjustments on startup. I thought defvar-setq does the trick, but it seems
to not. Either way, I already thought about changing the names of the variables from
tabs.util, so that the values for not yet ported themes are still properly stored in
~/.sawfish/custom.

Any thoughts?