Re: [JOB] Looking for someone with GIMP talent

Am Dienstag 23 November 2010, 16:48:48 schrieb Daniel Fetchinson:
> > I'm looking for someone with GIMP talents.
> >
> > What should you do?
> >
> > - Create a new nice logo for Sawfish.
> > - Modernize the graphics of the default themes*.
> >
> > * Say more modern gradients and colorscheme on Crux for example.
> >
> > Is there annyone willing to spend some time?
> > Chris
>
> I'd suggest trimming down this job description somewhat. Themes like
> Crux might need a facelift but there are others which are perfectly
> fine even today and actually don't need any change. An example being
> mx_flat which is a great theme and its greatness lies in simplicity.
> So I'd think we shouldn't make it more fancy by more fancy graphics.
>
> Naturally, fancy themes are in need of a facelift but not just all themes.

Of course not all, but there are some, which would deserve it. For example
Crux should get a more smooth and classy gradient like DarkTab.

Gradient & Simple could get some buttons which more fit the theme, the buttons
are a way to huge contrast to the titlebar if you ask me. (both are 95% the
same, but gradient has (oh wonder) gradients and there's a tab-enabled one on
the wiki, I think we should drop simple in favour of gradient).

So with modernized I meant improved, not redefined or reinvented.

> I'll see what I can come up with for a new logo though!

Sounds good.