Re: sawfish has lost a window - window is found with xdotool

On Wednesday 03 November 2010 15:35:14 Janek Kozicki wrote:

> I wish I had a result of this command `xwininfo -all -id 0xc01020`
> _before_ window was found.

Well, next time.

> Timo Korvola said:     (by the date of Tue, 2 Nov 2010 20:54:33
> +0200)
> > It would appear that the managed window list has become corrupt: if
> > Sawfish has framed the window, it should be on the list and
> > retrievable with get-window-by-*.
>
> So you mean - trying to access 0xc01020, instead of 0x3000024 ?

You can use either the frame id or the client window id: both should
return the same window object.  But you tried with the client window id
and got nil, yet a frame existed, so there was something wrong there.
It is also an error for the frame to be unmapped when the client is
mapped.

--
	Timo Korvola		<URL:http://www.iki.fi/tkorvola>