[ANNOUNCE] librep 0.90.6
- From: Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de>
- To: sawfish-list gnome org, gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: [ANNOUNCE] librep 0.90.6
- Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 18:33:51 +0200
a new maintainance-release of librep is available. NOW.
What is librep?
Librep is a shared library implementing a Lisp dialect that is
lightweight, reasonably fast, and highly extensible. It had been
authored by John Harper. It contains an interpreter, byte-code compiler
and virtual machine. Applications may use the interpreter as an
extension language, or it may be used for standalone scripts.
Rep was originally inspired by Emacs Lisp. However one of the main
deficiencies of elisp--the reliance on dynamic scope--has been removed.
Also, rep only has a single namespace for symbols.
Librep is released under the terms of the GNU General Public License,
copyright John Harper, and is known to compile on at least the
following architectures: Alpha AMD64 ARM ARMEL HPPA IA-32 IA-64 M68k
MIPS MIPSEL PowerPC PowerPC-64 S390 SPARC X86 (according to Debian
Where to get it?
Tar/BZ2: http://download.tuxfamily.org/sawfish/librep/librep-0.90.6.tar.bz2 669 K
Tar/XZ : http://download.tuxfamily.org/sawfish/librep/librep-0.90.6.tar.xz 596 K
* renamed `file-uid-p' to `file-uid' and `file-gid-p' to `file-gid'
* Minor doc improvements [Teika Kazura]
Describes functions `signal' and `string-split'. Correction in
suffix handling of `load' function. More details on the function
* improved specfile [Kim B. Heino]
* Process execution failure emits better message. [Teika Kazura]
] [Thread Prev