how to get a structure/module tree?

hi,

I'm trying to understand the sawfish source.  It is modularized using
the librep module system, where modules are called "structures".  Is
there a tool giving a tree of modules, maybe starting with the
assumption that all exported symbols are required by the user?

My original problem is very simple:

Do I need to start off my ~/.sawfish/rc file with "(require
'apps-menu)"?  I want to set the symbol user-apps-menu.

Also:  to start an xterm, do I define a menu entry with

    ("_xterm" (system "xterm &"))

or better:

    ("_xterm" (run-shell-command "xterm &))?

regards, clemens