Re: Should we release 1.6.4 which only contains byte-comp fix?

> I think it's better to release Sawfish-1.6.4 which contains
> only the byte-compilation fix. What do you think?

I generally think it never hurts to bump the version number. Reason is
-- whether you like it or not -- the public perception of a software
package is influenced by the rate of growth in the version number. And
generally sawfish is thought to be very slowly evolving so keeping a
faster changing version number won't hurt. I'd also say that switching
to 1.7 shouldn't be thought of as a gigantic change which is only
warranted by a killer new feature. Just about any change can turn
1.6.x into 1.7 I think and this will only benefit sawfish.

It's not as if we had to pay tax after each version bump!

Release early, release often!

Cheers,
Daniel