[ANNOUNCE] Sawfish 126.96.36.199 "Acid Folk" bugfix release
- From: Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de>
- To: sawfish-list gnome org, gnome-announce-list gnome org
- Subject: [ANNOUNCE] Sawfish 188.8.131.52 "Acid Folk" bugfix release
- Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 21:00:28 +0200
A new bugfix release of Sawfish is available now.
From now on there will be a checksum provided for all tarballs (SHA1),
so that you may check if the files are O.K.
Sawfish is an extensible window manager using a Lisp-based scripting language. Its
policy is very minimal compared to most window managers. Its aim is simply to manage
windows in the most flexible and attractive manner possible. All high-level WM
functions are implemented in Lisp for future extensibility or redefinition.
These are some of the features that set Sawfish apart from other window managers:
* Powerful key-binding: Virtually every functionality provided by Sawfish can be
bound to keys (or mouse buttons).
* Event hooking: For many events (moving windows etc.) you can customize the way
Sawfish will respond.
* Window matching: When windows are created you can match them to a set of rules and
automatically perform actions on them.
* Flexible theming: Sawfish allows for very different themes to be created and a
variety of third-party themes are readily available.
Sawfish was formerly known as Sawmill but then renamed to Sawfish due to pending
patents on the name Sawmill. It's original Author is John Harper who got employed by
Apple which prohibited him to continue working on Sawfish (and librep/rep-gtk). In
Mid 2007 Janek 'The Re-Animator' Kozicki overtook the development of Sawfish. In Mid
2008 Christopher 'Flashrider' Bratusek overtook development of librep and rep-gtk,
followed by Sawfish and SawfishPager in December 2008.
Homepage & Resources
Our Homepage is a Wiki, so you can improve it. Also if you have themes, screenshots,
scripts, snippets or patches to contribute, simply upload them to the corresponding
section. URL: http://sawfish.wikia.com/
Mailinglist: sawfish-list on GNOME
IRC: #sawfish on Freenode
Tar/BZ2: http://download.tuxfamily.org/sawfish/sawfish/sawfish-184.108.40.206.tar.bz2 3,55 MB
Tar/BZ2 SHA1: http://download.tuxfamily.org/sawfish/sawfish/sawfish-220.127.116.11.tar.bz2.sha1
Tar/XZ : http://download.tuxfamily.org/sawfish/sawfish/sawfish-18.104.22.168.tar.xz 2,38 MB
Tar/XZ SHA1: http://download.tuxfamily.org/sawfish/sawfish/sawfish-22.214.171.124.tar.xz.sha1
126.96.36.199 "Acid Folk"
* Fixed a possible compilation-error in prompt.jl [Harald van Dijk]
If Sawfish 1.6.3 compiled without error, then you don't have to
] [Thread Prev