Re: [ANNOUNCE] Sawfish-Pager "Ti Ta TNT" 0.7.3

On 26/01/10 04:06, Christopher Roy Bratusek wrote:
Am Mon, 25 Jan 2010 22:27:55 +1100
schrieb Allan Duncan<amd2345 fastmail com au>:

I use a single workspace with 3x2 viewports.
Does Pager have the capability to switch viewports when the mouse
dwells on the viewport boundary?

Dunno if I got you right, but do you mean when the mouse stays on a
viewport x miliseconds? If so it's not possible, but changing the
Viewport via mouse-wheel-scroll is planned for the (not so near) future.

Chris

No, see the discussion with Daniel about edge flipping.
What I want is when the mouse hits, say, the right boudary and thee are more viewports to the right, then after a short dwell time, the next viewport to the right becomes active and is displayed. At the moment I need to go to the "workspace switcher" to select the viewport I want to be actively displayed.

The dwell time is important - I found years ago that X itself will handle a viewport on a larger virtual screen size, which was very nice, but without a dwell time even a momentary bumping of the border paged the screen and got really annoying. I haven't been back there since to see if it is possible to set a dwell. I should look at X again I suppose, as that viewport feature is really why I use sawfish anyway.