Re: sawfish-pager

Jeremy Hankins <nowan nowan org> writes:
> Here's a patch to fix the bug in sawfish-pager where it doesn't display
> the windows in the proper viewport.  I also pushed a couple of fixes to
> bugs in sawfish.wm.viewport that turned up in the course of getting
> sawfish-pager working properly.

Oh, I should also mention: this patch means that sawfish-pager wont work
with sawfish versions previous to 1.6.

Is there any reason not to go ahead and include sawfish-pager in sawfish
proper?  For better or worse sawfish-pager is pretty tied to sawfish,
since it accesses sawfish internals in order to get the window layout
and such.

To be completely honest, I'm not all that fond of sawfish-pager -- I
find the code to be less readable than most sawfish code, and it's
complicated.  But apart from the gnome pager it's the only pager I know
of that shows viewports.  And the gnome pager is huge -- installing it
(with dependencies) is about 400mb on my system.

--
Jeremy Hankins <nowan nowan org>