Trouble compiling rep-gtk on Ubuntu 9.10 (karmic) - gtk-glue.c errors

Hi all,

I would like to build and run the latest GIT sources for
librep/rep-gtk/sawfish.

So far I have successfully built librep and installed to ~/altsys

Now I'm trying to build rep-gtk, which has had "autogen.sh" run with
this environment set:
PKG_CONFIG_PATH="/home/teratorn/altsys/lib/pkgconfig" \
LDFLAGS="-L/home/teratorn/altsys/lib" \
CFLAGS="-I/home/teratorn/altsys/include" \

It detects everything and seemingly configures the build correctly.

Then, upon issuing `make`, many modules are compiled until it gets to
gtk-glue.c, which results in this error:

gtk-glue.c: In function ‘Fgtk_tree_view_get_background_area’:
gtk-glue.c:23463: error: incompatible type for argument 4 of
‘gtk_tree_view_get_background_area’

There are also tons and tons of warnings about incompatible pointer
types ("char**" given where "const gchar*" is expected seems to be a
favorite :).

This is compiling against this version of GTK:
libgtk2.0-dev:
  Installed: 2.18.3-1ubuntu2.2

I'm not really sure where to start digging, since gtk-glue.c is an
auto-generated file (how exactly?).

Hopefully someone here has a clue what is up?

Thanks in advance! Long Live Sawfish!!!
-E