Re: Q: window borders

On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 02:49:17PM +0900, Teika Kazura wrote:
> If you mean that you don't like borders at all for some windows, then
> you can disable from the configurator -> window rules. See appearance
> -> frame type -> title only.
Not that I don't like borders at all...

I want borders that are drawn and takes in account when placing
windows, but don't add any bits to window dimensions.
XSetWindowBorder()/XSetWindowBorderWidth() will do the trick.

Please don't ask why would I want that, I promise what I'll try
not to break current behavior.

I am adding two new properties to "window" structure,
'border-width and 'border-color that can be set from within
theme.jl.  Now I'm just hacking code to take this width in
account.

--
Regards,    --
Sir Raorn.   --- http://thousandsofhate.blogspot.com/